Sunday 28 August 2022

New - Warlord Epic painting service!

Just a quick note to say that I have now added a dedicated link for my new Epic painting service. Given the popularity of these figures and the fact that I get so much pleasure from painting them I think they will sit nicely alongside my standard commission work. I have set the price per infantry strip at just £10 so £20 per base and £80 for a full Epic battalion. Full details on the link above.

Reason for this is that my own BDN armies have hit the stage (36 infantry bases, 12 cavalry and 6 batteries), where I can now just add the odd extra base as and when I feel like it. I'll be adding some Guard cavalry, probably Brunswick conversions and Nassau troops etc but will hold back on the Prussians until probably next year. In the meantime I'm working on the British Guards (60 figures) and have just finished off more British Hussars and a base of Carabiniers. I went with the sky blue jackets after a lot of research as being the most likely worn at Waterloo, the white being reserved for parade dress?

Cheers for now, and have a good Bank Holiday weekend.

Lee.

The paint job @ £10 per strip.


12 comments:

  1. Brilliant, good for you mate. Hopefully that should be a nice little earner given the popularity of Epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive Lee. You get soooo much detail on such little figures. 👏👏
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff, for so long as the hand and eye co-ordination holds up I'll keep on painting :)

      Delete
  3. The way you paint those 'Epics' I'm sure you'll be overrun with orders. I have to say I've never really got grips with where the sky blue Carabinier uniform comes from - certainly Paul Dawson in his book on Napoleon's Army of the Hundred Days comes out strongly against the blue uniform ever existing. Probably just trying to confirm my preference for the white..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob and thanks. Re the Carabiniers I was so tempted to go with white and wish I had now but I might see if I can repaint them :)

      Delete
  4. Lee I hope they prove popular you paint them far better than most and to a standard I’d be more than pleased with. I’m going to have to disagree with you though over the Carabineers although I know yours will look nice 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham, thank you. The Epics look far better when not blown up to 54mm size on the screen of course, but it's a reasonable standard and I have looked at many images of them on the FB group pages. I just need to get the message out there now!

      Delete
    2. And btw Graham, I'm going to have to give my carabiniers white coats now and that blue is not pleasing on the eye anyway.

      Delete
  5. Good move, your like of the figure and the growth of the series looks like a good combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, these figures really seem to work for me :)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic idea, how do I place an order? I love the work you have done. Good on you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.