Friday 8 April 2022

Fantasy troops based and varnished & Crimean Russian horse artillery.

The light was pretty good at the painting desk this evening with the sun shining through the window so took advantage to grab a few shots of this weeks output. Very pleased with Simon's Fantasy troops now they are based and ready to be returned to him on Monday. More will be heading my way I'm pleased to say. All units will be of 3 bases, the third halberdier and wolf rider bases were painting as part of the first test batch. Now it's back to what will be the last two regiments of foot towards Graham's Edgehill project, two more Royalist units. Tony's WSS horse regiments will follow these.















I have also added a battery of horse artillery to my Russian Crimean's denoted by the six horse limber team. So here are the full compliment of Russian guns completed so far along with the Russian camp scene that I actually finished last week and the command base for good measure!







 

7 comments:

  1. Love the tents - where are from, Baccus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JBM. Everything is by Irregular Miniatures the tents are from the camp set but also available to order separately. There is so much to discover in the IM catalogue! The tiny 'Lady with the lamp' model is a nice touch and I think I have two of them somewhere.

      Delete
  2. SUperb units, fantasy and Crimean war...and I do like the camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, much appreciated. I enjoyed myself putting the camps together I must admit.

      Delete
  3. Luscious! Meanwhile I'm trying to undo the damage to my latest batch that I varnished with a can of spary matt white! The air went blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine your reaction to that Rob! Devastating. What figures are they? I still varnish everything I paint by brush.

      Delete
  4. Great looking camp,love the Empire and goblins too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.