Sunday 17 April 2022

Easter Parade 2022!

This is the entire Crimean project so far laid out together. To be honest there is not really much further to go, probably another 3 infantry bases (2 Russian and 1 Turkish), 1 Russian heavy dragoon base and possibly 2 more light/skirmish bases. At that point I might focus on getting some games in with them.

Above: The Allied army.

Above: The Russians.

British Artillery.




Russian Artillery.



British cavalry

French cavalry.

Sardinians.

Brigade of Guards.

Highland Brigade.

Line infantry Brigades.

Below: latest off the painting desk are the Royal Horse Artillery, all Irregular Miniatures of course.



And a quick shot of the Russian Cossacks (48 of them!) galloping past the downscaled buildings which I think works just fine.



16 comments:

  1. Those all look great! Good luck with your upcoming games with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Neil, rather pleased with them myself!

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking project, I do worry when you get to this stage that you will move them on but I'm hoping you keep these,as they look so good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me too well Iain :) But seriously I'll hang onto these as I don't plan to do anything else for myself and I intend to find myself an actual opponent to play against! Also, as the Crimean War is an unusual period I doubt I'd even get my money back :)

      Delete
  4. Excellent, you’ve done a cracking job on this project and the look first class. I think the 3mm buildings look good and work really well. Time to march onto the Field of Battle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Graham. The plan is now to enjoy using them :)

      Delete
  5. 6mm hand painted flags by jingo! Top stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JBM, with cast on flags I had no choice but to paint them!

      Delete
    2. I know, but you did a bang up job on them!

      Delete
    3. Ah cheers JBM, trouble with posting 6mm images here is that they tend to display as 25mm size when you view them!

      Delete
  6. Russians? Surely one means Wussians?
    Sorry, but it was on the other day and I did watch some of it - cracking film if they could just get rid of the excess red trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rob, red trousers aside it's a good film with great performances. My favourite scene is of course 'Black bottle' :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.