Monday 7 February 2022

More painting including a 6mm tutorial video!

Having finished off two more ECW regiments of foot towards Grahams Edgehill project it was time to open up the latest arrivals from Old John in the form of two very large boxes of soldiers with a little help from Grandson Oscar (Ozzy). I'll be starting on the first of them today, some lovely Minarion Miniatures representing WSS Catalonian infantry. I did some of these a while back and they are very nice sculpts. I'll be spending the next couple of weeks painting for John.








I have continued painting my own 6mm figures on the side, latest additions being another Russian infantry base, a British line infantry base and another light cavalry base featuring more Light Dragoons and the 11th Hussars, the 'Cherrybums'. In addition I have reworked the two command bases by adding more figures to the 40mm circular bases that were looking a bit sparse. I combined the British and French command into one base and added the lovely little 'Florence Nightingale' figure which features the lady herself plus a nurse and wounded soldier. 









I then thought it might be a good idea to do another 6mm painting tutorial this time featuring some Irregular Miniatures (last I did was 10 years ago with Baccus Napoleonic strips, which has proved to be the most viewed post through the years). The tutorial is in 2 parts on YouTube as I find it much easier to talk than type! As usual please forgive my gruff voice and the huffing and puffing. I'll be posting it on a couple of Facebook group sights, the 6mm wargaming group being one as I find I get the most response and feedback from such these days. But anyway, here it is should you care to take a look and that's it for another week.


 Part 1 - https://youtu.be/5KpAkb35f-U

Part 2 - https://youtu.be/_4ZYQE1RR5g

4 comments:

  1. I spent a long old time looking at how you’d done your 6mm lads - back when I was about to create my own ECW stuff. Your work was inspiring and enabled me to avoid a lot of basic mistakes. I’m sure these new videos will help others too! It’s about time young Ozzy helped out with base coating I think. Give him a brush and double your current output. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JBM, soon as Ozzy is old enough he will get his first model soldier. As a Dad of three daughters and Grandad to four Granddaughters Ozzys arrival was a nice surprise :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely looking pikemen and your Crimea troops look ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.