Saturday 18 June 2022

A few more Epic Napoleonics!

Rather enjoyed myself with these this past week, I must admit. No way will I be drawn into the full Epic Waterloo concept but as you will know my pleasure is in the painting so I can't help having a crack with them. Easy and fast to paint. The new video discusses my thoughts on the sprues and my method of painting them using matt black base coat and quick application of bold colours carefully applied. The speed is down to avoiding the need to come back and paint any back areas after the initial base coat. As usual I ramble on a  bit in my gruff voice, but I do find it saves me a lot of time spent typing these days so there it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zY8OgThx8

2 comments:

  1. Great video, I really should try your painting technique and see if I can save myself some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Graham. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that painting black areas was something I really disliked! This method does require care not to paint on these areas but if I do I use Black Grey to quickly touch up and highlight. I do the same with my horses, a fine brush to touch in the horse colour around the harness/reins etc, nose, eyes, ears, lower jaw etc because my pet hate has always been painting in the reins etc!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.