Tuesday 7 June 2022

2mm potential video and more 15mm ECW horse.

Almost  three weeks into this latest 'small is beautiful' project 2mm Napoleonics I decided to lay the bases out on my Geek Villain mat to see how things looked. To save a lot of typing I made another of my quick gruff mumbling voice videos to illustrate it. The potential is obvious and I am SO tempted to do a Fire & Fury set up in this scale, something I have been thinking about for a few years now. Imagine the rolling hills and winding streams and rivers, extensive woodlands with clearings, cornfields etc!

You Tube channel - The potential of wargaming in 2mm scale.


And a few stills.








Commission painting.
Should you require that extra regiment or unit painted to a very good wargaming standard at a competitive price with fast turnaround and no upfront payment required then please see my painting service link above for full details Thank you.

This last weeks commission painting output is another 40 ECW cavalry towards Graham's Edgehill project. Mostly of course Peter Pig figures but with a few personalities from Matchlock which are a tad larger but not by much. As I have often stated I really enjoy painting the PP's and have painted many of the ranges over the years. These are painted in a mix of coat and saddle blanket colours with only the sashes designating the Royalists from the Parliamentarians. There are lots in the classic buff coat/back and breast/pot helmet. 








13 comments:

  1. Lovely painted stuff as usual. No mention of the 3mm boys. Do you find 2mm better in some way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JBM. To be honest I'm really just buggering around with things until something else takes my fancy! I caved in yesterday and ordered a single sprue - just the one - of British 'Epic' warlord infantry, I really want to see what I can do with them and at six quid for a hundred figures why not? I like the 2mm's but.......

      Delete
  2. Splendid looking ECW cavalry and of course happy to confirm the excellence of your painted figures as I have some in my possession, I will try and rebase and post them as they're great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. You know, I can't remember what you have of mine other than the Russian tank!

      Delete
    2. Late war winter Germans that you couldn't be bothered sticking on ebay, lucky me!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. The 2mil look very effective and the bases, as you said, go so well with that mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Rob, I'm really just messing around with this but surprised how good it all looks on that mat.

      Delete
  4. 2mm figures look great , but way too small for my old eyes, ECW lads fantastic, that project matches my WSS & GNW ones, great posting on your work by Tony H, some years back we had a great ECW game together, let's say dice throwing could have being better
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I'm lucky with my eyesight and steady hand so as long as it holds up I'll keep on painting soldiers :) ECW is a favourite period of mine and I love painting Peter Pig figures so Grahams project has been a pleasure to work on. I look forward to seeing the game on the table it should be quite something.

      Delete
  5. Always good to see someone else painting, and posting pictures, of figures that I know so well. Your ECW PP figures are great, and look so very different to mine. Nicely done Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have seen the PP ECW's painted in various styles and all look good. For this project of Graham's I have tried to keep my slightly brighter style constant throughout and all are finished in a satin varnish for that slight sheen. I also paint PP ACW's for Graham and use a more muted style and matt varnish on those.

      Delete
  6. Lovin' the 2mm figures Lee, Reject Richard has just painted up 2 armies for the French Wars of Religion which also look fab. I'm seriously thinking about delving into the world of 2mm myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray. There is a lot to be said for 2mm, to start with they are very cheap and quick to paint up, it's the basing that really sets them off although I'm still not 100& happy with mine yet. This little project is just three weeks in and filling the odd hour after my commission painting work! I'd be interested to see Reject Richards FWoR figures?

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.