Sunday 27 March 2022

'Supreme Littleness' 3mm buildings and a Sardinian battalion!

I had been looking around for a range of 3mm buildings that would work with 6mm figures as I find most commercial 6mm buildings are pretty large being to scale. I have seen 2mm buildings used with 6mm figures and they don't look too bad but when I saw these I just had to order some to see what I can do with them., I think it will work. For some reason the scale 6mm buildings appear to dominate the table and the figures so hopefully downsizing and using larger clusters will give me what I'm looking for. Can't wait to get my hands on them now. Link below, scroll down to see image of 6mmfigures with painted examples of the 3mm buildings.

http://www.supremelittleness.co.uk/sld-3mm/extras-3mm.htm 

Finished off the first battalion of Sardinian infantry today, I think the colourful flag gives them a nice lift. Will finish off the base when my latest order arrives from Irregular Miniatures probably this week. Probably do just the one Brigade base of  these. The wagons at left are intended for my revamped 'baggage' bases featuring bell tents, supply hut, mounted figures and a couple of wagons each.

I have received quite a hefty package from Simon for painting, lots more 10mm Fantasy figures by Warmaster. The detail is really remarkable for such tiny figures and I will enjoy working them into my schedule and having the freedom to be imaginative in the use of colours. A couple of examples below.





6 comments:

  1. Well those Sardinians look really nice. I had a quick look at those 3mm buildings and they look very nice and I agree I think they will work really well. This really is an excellent project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Graham, I'm enjoying having a project ticking along in the background and always wanted to do Crimean War. Just fiddling around with odd figures to populate the planned baggage/camp bases.

      The 6mm scale buildings are lovely sculpts but just look a bit too big with my Brigade bases so I have been looking a round for an alternative. I'm hoping that several bases of these 3mm's will work better and look more in scale with my roads/hills/ woods etc.

      Delete
  2. Looking very nice mate, have you got free reign on those fantasy figures or are you working towards something Simon has set you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JBM. Simon has given me free reign to get creative, which is what attracted me to the project. This batch has pikemen, hand gunners, wolf riding Goblins and the wonderful knights for which I'll be taking inspiration from the Italian War's Gendarmes, perfect! It's a good scale to paint, not too big but not too small :)

      Delete
  3. Those 6mil figures look so effective en-masse, it seems the more on a base the better. Started me thinking whether floppy bases, that could adjust to the terrain, are a thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob,
      Funny enough mine do start off on 'floppy' thin card bases before I glue them onto the MDF in order to get better alignment. I just use PVA on the card as it gives me time to make adjustment and do any filing if required in order to close them up as much as posssible. When they dry they are still a bit floppy and as you can't actually see them (60mm x 10mm)they would sit very naturally in the terrain. That said I wanted the mass effect of brigade size bases with 72 figures.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.