Friday 25 March 2022

A more uplifting post!

We have certainly enjoyed some fine weather over the past few days which has given me a real boost. Had a lovely walk yesterday with my wife along Rochester High street which is mostly pedestrianised with lost of places to eat and drink outside in the sun. We had a coffee but I was surprised just how many people were drinking beers at 11.30 am! Behind the High Street - with it's strong Dickensian connections - are the Cathedral and the Castle, always a sight to stir the heart. 




With the leg now looking 100% better than a week ago I have resumed painting, but trying to make sure I get up for breaks every hour and have a walk around. I'm currently painting for Old John, finishing off his previous box - loads more  Turks and some Strelet mounted Portuguese Dragoons, these will all be finished off by mid next week when I will start the new batch of 10mm fantasy figures for Simon. Once again these contain some wonderful sculpts/castings and I'm especially looking forward to painting the cavalry in armour and plumes with horse covering/armour. 

Of course the 6mm painting continues. Here are a few photos taken this morning as it was a nice sunny morning. Starting on some Sardinians next, probably just a couple of bases worth for now. Also planned are Horse Artillery for both sides with 6 horse limber teams.

Total so far is 19 x line infantry bases of 72 figures, 4 x light infantry/rifle bases of 18 figures, 10 x cavalry bases of 24 figures, 8 guns with limbers, 2 command bases and 2 'baggage' bases for DBN.








4 comments:

  1. Being only just down the road, Rochester is a lovely place for a walk and to visit a few of the touristy kinda shops.
    The figures look mightily impressive I've gotta say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too busy this time of year either Ray. Cheers for the comment re the little chaps, I'm enjoying myself with these.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.