Friday 29 October 2021

Some Turkish Delights & Schombergs Horse.

Latest off the painting desk are the 9 figure 20mm Schombergs Horse of the WSS for Tony and the 15 piece Turkish Command set for John. The Cavalry are Les Higgns/PMD and the Turks are from a plastic box set by Mars. All were a joy to paint.  I once again splashed the colour on the Turks in line with the box illustrations, lots of lavish gold etc, giving them slightly stronger highlights than usual to enhance the impression of rich colours. French line and Guard pikemen next up for John, 12 of each.

Delighted to say that I will have the 20mm Volksstuurm on the way to me shortly for painting which will ring the changes.

The 6mm Crimeans continue to hold my interest and I'm close to finishing the phase 1 armies for a trial game but I'll save the photos for the next post when done. To begin with I'm going to make use of the trusty old folding card table (2'6" x 2'6") to get me started as I work slowly on the planned terrain tiles. I have more on the way from Irregular to reinforce both sides.

First the Cavalry for Tony, dark brown horses were requested for this regiment with a grey for the trumpeter. Gloss varnish as requested.









The Turkish HQ set by Mars for Old John of course! A harder plastic these, akin to Warlord figures.










13 comments:

  1. WOW!!! fantastic painting on all figures, Tony's Schomberg's regt indeed great , officers & bugler are Irregular Miniatures which look much better on Les Higgins horses, Turk HQ look amazing, very many thanks
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colourful troops, your Volks troops will fell much tamer by comparison. Have you been catching (YouTube) the chatter on likely new Napoleonic EPIC release by Warlord Games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norm. I have the Volks now and they are lovey figures superior to AB's by far in my opinion. I'll get some photos and links up when I make a start on them. Saw some painted images of the Warlord sprues, a sneak preview, and they do look good.

      Delete
  3. Superb, really like Schomberg's horse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Neil - they were the first regiment of British cavalry I painted for my Marlburian project.. still my favourite regiment, love those ominous/black facings... nice work, Lee!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Steve, they are really nice castings for such an old range.

      Delete
  4. Superb cavalry (love the trumpeter) and, of course, gorgeous Turkish delights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thasnk Phil, I went mad with the colour on the Turks but they were screaming out for it!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful painting of both Lee. Mars figures are not for everyone, but I really, really like them. They seem perfect somehow for 17th and 18th century. I've not painted any of my Ottomans yet, but will come back to your blog for inspiration once I do!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. I had not heard of Mars before John sent them to me but they are very nice figures I must say and very cleanly cast.

      Delete
  6. Agree with James about Mars figures, some good , some poor, but Turk HQ set is one of the best as is their GNW Saxon Infantry set , in particular the command figures, which are ideal for many nations of the period
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.