Alongside the big Wars of The Roses 15mm commission ongoing for Noel I'm also continuing to add to his original Brigade level ACW Fire & Fury project Warlord Epic figures per 20mm frontage base. Just a couple of sprues per month over the last several months. Noel already has an extensive AWC Epic Black Powder collection that I painted for him previously so this is a separate project for the F&F rules. My job is to cut the strips down into 3's (1 wasted figure per strip) then paint and varnish, Noel is doing the basing himself which I'm rather pleased about. Brigades of 10 or 12 such small bases actually look very good together. This month I'm doing 1 Union sprue and 1 Reb sprue.
Cutting the strips - it really is very easy to cut down these strips and I find that the early Epic ACW strips are the easiest to do for some reason as they part very neatly when bent. Always cut through the base first between the feet and then a gentle back and forth bending will cause them to part. if these is any slight damage along the arms then a quick trim up with a scalpel does the trick nd to be honest once undercoated they look absolutely fine, I have tried to illustrate this in the photos below, before and after painting.






Nice work... hate waste though - could Noel get extra bases mounting those left over singles?? :o))
ReplyDeleteThanks Steve. To be honest these figures are so inexpensive at around £7.50 for a sprue of 100 figures that having to lose just 10 individual figures is not too bad at all :) Think I have already painted hundreds of these 3 man mini strips for Noel and probably thousands of Epics overall for him over the last few years.
DeleteCheers,
Lee