Wednesday, 8 July 2026

First base of Bavarians in 1/72nd!

 Things have slowed up a bit with the recent hot weather which dries out the paint on the brushes so fast but having painted a first base of Austrian Cuirassiers I could not resist doing the first base of Bavarian infantry, The figures are by HaT and I used the same combination of poses as with the Austrians, ie two men firing and an officer at the front, standard bearer centre middle rank etc. I'm pleased with the result and a second base is undercoated ready to start next. The Austrian cavalry are nice, bit of a squeeze on the base but OK and I'm not sure if I should add a flag or not to each base. All very colourful anyway,  Flags by Warflags just resized in Word and printed at 'best' quality.





 

14 comments:

  1. They look great Lee!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James. I am enjoying myself painting these :)
      Lee.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lee
    My current campaign phase is set at Ratisbon with the Bavarians v Austrians. They are my two favourite armies for uniforms, always look great on the table. We have an open plan wargames room, and we often pause to just admire the table - particularly when these two armies are on view. Our next phase will be in northern Germany with Napoleon v Blucher - my least favourite combination of uniforms. Too much dark blue!
    regards
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long enjoying following what you do Paul and the table always looks great. My first time painting Austrians and Bavarians and I'm enjoying it!
      Cheers
      Lee.

      Delete
  3. Really great looking figures. As I'm a big fan of flags I would prefer to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, flags really add to a unit especially these Austrian and Bavarians!
      Cheers
      Lee.

      Delete
  4. Splendid Austrians and Bavarians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, a Barvarian flag always lifts a base. I use a wet palette which helps slightly with painting in the hot weather, but there comes a point when even that is not enough. I note we are about to hit 99% humidity today, so regardless of what the paint does, the enthusiasm to be productive falls off somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm. Yesterday (9th) was UNBEARABLE! I did still manage 3 strips for Marcus but it was more of a struggle, that's for sure. I need to get the last 6 strips painted and based my Monday 13th latest to get them in the post by Tuesday 14th so not too bad going. Three more in front of me this morning :)
      I have long used a simple wet palette but even that dries out in this heat. Cooler this morning thankfully.
      All the best,
      Lee

      Delete
  6. Looks great Lee and your detail at 1/72 is amazing. The 1809 campaign is a favourite of mine. As for the heat, you have my sympathy. I paint in my garage and here in Brisbane, in summer, we get tropical heat for four months and even with a wet pallette and fans it is not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and kind words Chris. It's cooling a little now but it was tough going here for a few days, that was enough for me!
      All the best,
      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.