Saturday 15 October 2022

Epics and more epics!

Firstly I would like to thank those who left comments on my earlier post re 1815 Prussians, all useful and we have now decided upon Prussian line regiments consisting of 3 x 40 figure battalions, 2 musketeer and1 fusilier, colours carried by the musketeer battalions only and the fusiliers with black equipment straps. We - customer Tony2 and I - ditched the idea of metal command figures for 2nd battalion as they just did not sit well and so reverted to a cut down musket which really does not look at all bad when viewed as part of a 120 figure regiment!

So, this weeks commission output is 240 Prussian infantry. Will just tidy them up and touch up flag edges etc over the weekend before adding textured basing. Next week I'll be painting a complete Epic ACW brigade box of 3 x 100 figure regiments, a three gun battery and mtd command. I also have another new customer for ACW Epics, 44 regiments of 60 figures being the starter army box and 4 packs of additional command strips. Clearly now I'm fully booked for many months ahead alongside my regulars, but it's where I wanted to get to with my painting service.

It's been a busy week all round with family stuff too, but I still managed to add a couple more bases to my own epic collection, 4th Btn KGL and the Life Guards. I now have a total of  40 x 20 figure infantry bases, 14 bases of cavalry and 6 battery bases of 2 guns each so now just able to sit back and enjoy adding the odd unit here and there. I'm vert keen to do Brunswick next just trying to select the best epic figures for conversion.














 

10 comments:

  1. Glad your painting service is up an running to full capacity. I am increasingly drawn to the ½ size base! Oh no …. Rebasing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm, I'm enjoying this a lot at the moment, might slow down a bit in a years time when I get my state pension, but meantime I'm enjoying it :) The 1/2 size bases are good I think, just the need to add a little sausage of green stuff here and there to some of the cut down strips but it's very easy to do.

      Delete
  2. WOW very impressive turnout , am amazed, well done mate, at moment sorting out next batch for you, could well be a load of Polish Winged Hussars and other Polish troops for planned game early next year Ottomans versus Poles circa 1683ish
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello John, cheers for the comment and I'll email you in the morning, just don't know where the time went this last week :)

      Delete
  3. More great work Lee - you must see these little guys in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, I'm certainly enjoying painting them! Love or hate Warlord Games they have certainly made large Napoleonic armies affordable, especially to those just entering the hobby.

      Delete
  4. My goodness Lee - yet more well painted miniatures. Well done.
    It’s good to hear your painting service is building up nicely. I just hope you will still have time to squeeze in a few more of my 2mm armies every now and then…
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s all gone epic for sure. You’ve certainly found a groove with these little guys and I’m really glad to see business has taken a lift, onwards and upwards for sure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.