Saturday 1 June 2013

'Magic Wash' and some experimentation.

I have recently been chatting via email to Kevin Louth (Fat Wally) and discussing painting methods and techniques. I am currently experimenting with the Magic Wash formula that he uses and so far I'm really pleased with the results on my own 15mm Napoleonics. A few photos for you look at for now and I will explain in more detail just how I'm using this method. One tip Kev did me was highlighting over the wash to give the figures extra 'pop'. If you look closely you can how a few fast dots of highlight really do pop out at you. I don't general use the Foundry 'Flesh light' but in this case just lining the noses and highlighting the chin etc really works well.

I'll leave you with a couple of links (one to Kevs fantastic web site, with loads of great pics), and a link to the original 'Magic Wash' article.

Here are some of my 15mm Essex French with the wash applied and highlighted over. It's quick to do.

Kevins 'Fat Wally' site ..... just look at all of those beautiful figures!!!!

Dr Fausts painting clinic - magic wash.






Almost ready for the magic wash!

And some 20mm Boyne figures for the collection of 'Old John'. I'll have them all finished tomorrow so I'll post a few pics of the 3 cavalry units.


4 comments:

  1. Looking good mate. The drummer in particular are really nice. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent way of explaining, and nice post to take data regarding my
    presentation subject, which i am going to convey in academy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amolação da alma aparelho no 1Brasil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Este é o tipo de material que precisa compartilhado ,
    pois realmente fazem a diferença . estarei divulgando para
    meus conhecidos da área para que conheçam seu blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.