Thursday 6 December 2012

Another quick Roman interlude!

With apologies to my Napoleonic friends again I just had to post a few pics of these Romans who are ready to be collected tomorrow by their owner. These are the first 14 units of infantry (minus missing yellow shield medium infantry who are still on the painting table tonight but will be ready by tomorrow!) all painted and based by myself for Commands & Colours Ancients. The customer denotes different types on the table by the coloured edge strip, in this case red for heavies and blue for mediums. Again, beautiful little castings by Baccus. Pre cut metal bases were supplied and you can see how they represent a typical C&C 4 'block' unit, casualties being removed via the 3 single rank rear bases leaving the 2 front ranks in tact and still looking like they represent the remains of a unit ....... I really like the idea.

Auxiliaries and cavalry to follow, then onto the masses of the Carthaginian heavy infantry .... I'm very much enjoying this commission, especially as I now feel I do my best work in 6mm.





Pics with permission of the customer, lighting still not great, but you can see the mass effect.

6 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous Lee. You must have the patience of a saint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve - I'm getting into a routine, I sit down at 9am each morning like a proper job and have coffee breaks etc. Listening to masses of music, re discovering great old and new tunes, listening to hours of Napoleonic podcasts - which are really good - and generally chatting away to the dog and cats!!This is good therapy for me :-)

      All the best mate and up the Potters!

      Cheers,
      Lee.

      Delete
    2. Good way to do it Lee. Well done, nice work.

      Delete
  2. Lee, they look really fantastic - looking forward to the Carthaginians, will we be seeing elephants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting some of these beauties for Crimbo - hope I do them the same justice as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you chaps. Phil, they are amazing little figures.

    Ian, yes elephants are in the pipeline but quite a way off yet! The customer has supplied samples of each type required and his elephant samples are ... well, simply beautiful, 2 on a base with several moorish skirmishers scattered around them.

    Cheers,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.