Monday 28 October 2024

E Troop, 7th cavalry - The Grey Horse Troop.

This is the final troop of six that I have painted for Mark, the famous Grey Horse (or 'Gray' U,S. spelling) troop that suffered heavy loss at Little Big Horn with 28 killed in and around Deep Ravine. 

20mm Sculpts specially commissioned from Andrew Stadden and a joy to paint. Marks painting notes from the start were for a varied mix of blue shades and the off white hats with yellow bands and scarfs. There is some variation in the horse shades whilst trying to retain a cohesive look through the troop as a whole. So far I have avoided dappling as I feel that in this scale it often looks a bit artificial and I don't want to risk ruining the painting, but that said I'm having a look at images on the web!

This week I have 5 troops of dismounted cavalry, each of 12 figures plus 2 horses and holders. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.