Wednesday 21 August 2024

A few AWI photos and making cheap roads!

I'm putting together some terrain now and once again I turn to magnetic printing paper as a source material for making roads and river sections. It's thin, it can be cut with scissors and fully textured but does not warp. It's also cheap at around £5.00 for two A4 sheets, I can get a lot of roads/rivers from a sheet and also wood templates etc. It takes my Vallejo earth Texture very well and can then be edged with flock/stones etc as required and still lays perfectly flat.

The old wooden card table is covered with some fleece mat which nicely matches the basing I think.

The Rebels are on the move Sir!


Send in the Guards!




Cheap and easy roads from magnetic paper.



Loyalist Butlers Rangers.







 

6 comments:

  1. Lookin’ great so far Lee. Now, let’s see how they all perform on the battlefield… ⚔️
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee, I'm intrigued by your use of magnetic printing paper for roads, rivers, etc. - can you say which particular variety / make you use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob. I'll leave the link below to product 2 x A4 sheets for £4.99. Yesterday I made 30cm lengths of 25mm wide roads plus junctions/curves etc and after texturing they remain nice and flat. I'll have some photos in next post.
      Cheers
      Lee
      Hope this link works: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184681938594

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Steve, these Peter Pigs just cry out for a nice paint job! Hope you are keeping well.
      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.