Friday 21 April 2023

More Epics for Waterloo and more 3mm's.

It's been very busy on the commission painting front as I have been working on adding more cavalry for Tony's Waterloo game next month. This batch of figures was shipped off yesterday consisting of 170 British/KGL cavalry (4x Hussars and 4 x Light Dragoons plus 10 Scots Greys to complete the unit), 240 Prussian Landwehr, both British and French personality sets and an experimental Brunswick battalion being a simple paint conversion from the French infantry as Tony requested. Tony will be texturing the bases himself.

Next are another 20 French infantry strips for Charlie followed by another 30 ACW strips for Chris in NZ. After that I'm going to focus on some metals, 15mm Peter Pigs for Graham, 2mm DBA for Geoff, 10mm Fantasy for Simon and then work through 20mm's for Old John which are lots of Polish Winged Hussars!

I have decided that it's about time I had a dedicated FB page for my service so it's now called 'Advance the Colours' bit corny I know but all I could come up with up that's better than 'Lee's Painting Service'.







I'm really not finding a lot of time or enthusiasm to paint for myself but I'm happily jogging along with more 3mm's. I have two DBA armies on the go together as well as the ECW's. This week I've finished 6 bases of Celt-Iberians (warband 3) towards an ancient Spanish army and now have a couple more hoplite bases prepped up for the Greeks. I'm pleased to say that Zoe at Magister Militum has taken up my offer and is using my photos to advertise  their 3mm figures.



I used this internet image as inspiration for the Celtiberians dress and shield designs.





3 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I am just painting some Epic, so I can appreciate how much effort is going into your output. It’s great that your service has really taken off, though you may want to hold just a little time back for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm. I do intend to ease back a bit come June so will be doing more for myself. I'm very much into both 3mm and Ancients for the time being but the scale offers a lot of possibilities for small scale wargaming.

      Delete
  2. Very impressive Lee. I like the epic Napoleonics, but I love the 3mm fellas.
    Each 3mm base looks like, well… as you’d expect… a sizeable mob of warriors you’d want to stick clear of. And the whole army does indeed look like an army. Generic troops can easily be used/morphed in various historical armies (for example, a slinger is a slinger is a slinger). Even more specific troops (hoplites for example) can be used in various armies - just stick to fairly generic shield patterns.
    And finally, using internet images of larger scale wargames figures as “painting inspiration” is a good plan. That allows you to see not only what works/looks good but also what doesn’t work.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.