Wednesday 18 November 2020

Spanish Napoleonic command group by AB.

OK, so I'm trying hard to resist the 20mm WW2's! This morning I gave myself a good kick up the backside and painted this 4 Spanish figure command group. Hard to describe how much pleasure I got from painting these colourful mounted figures. Couple of episodes of Father Ted in the background made for a most enjoyable couple of hours at the desk. I do have a fair stock of AB Spanish in the painting queue.

Just waiting for a re stock of MDF circular bases from Tony (ERM) who is also cutting road and river sections for me. As an aside Tony has some really nicely pained Lamming ancient Egyptians on his home page. Tony owns the full rights to the old Bill Lamming range although he does not currently have the Napoleonics listed in his shop. He is gradually working to replace some of the old moulds with new ones where required but can cast figures to individual order if you contact him.

A rewarding day's painting:










Edit: As Ray asked about the figure with the lance slung behind his shoulder, he is a  Garrochista, Spanish irregular cavalry. AB have more of these in the pipeline so will be possible to have a full unit of them in the future! The second centre figure (above pic) is a Cazadores a Caballo and I have a unit of these on my desk ready to follow up in due course.





 

6 comments:

  1. Great work Lee. What's the figure at the front? With the standard or lance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray :) he is a Garrochista, a kind of irregular Spanish cavalry, lance armed. Great fun to paint with the slung blanket and the horse with head down and outstretched neck is wonderful, first time I have seen it. These are all one piece castings although that horse is also now available separately.

      Delete
  2. all i can say is WOW!!!! wonderful Spanish figures , my compliments, well done mate
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John, it's all Spanish at the moment as I have got started on one of your units :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous looking Spanish command! Well up to your usual high standard, can't keep up with daily posting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...I have decided to go with the flow Iain and just post when I feel like it or have something either painted or in mind. It helps keep me motivated and focused during cra*p time of Covid, behind the scenes I'm a bit all over the place, up and down, like many of us I guess.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.