Sunday 14 May 2017

Blasted Eurovision!

My Sunday morning routine normally sees me out early with the dogs, followed by watching the previous evenings Match of The Day recorded on Sky. This morning however it had not recorded because the powers that be in their great wisdom had switched MoTD over to BBC2 to make way for the Eurovision Song Contest! I really was not amused, especially as I had - as usual - carefully avoided the results on Saturday. I have no idea who won the damn thing and I really don't care, I saw a few clips earlier in the week of some entries, that seemed to me to be stuck in a previous decade (or century?) bland, repetitive and cringe worthy. I apologise to those who might actually enjoy this stuff, but it's really not my cup of tea at all.

Anyway, with no footie to catch up with I sat down and painted these tiny Hussars from the Travel Battle set. Took around an hour, again carefully picking out the colours whilst leaving some black to give depth and shade. Enjoyed doing the horses, the figures are just generic French hussars. So now I have painted all of the French figures from one TB box. The rules state that each players begins by dividing his army into three Brigades, each commanded by a Brigadier mounted figure. What you see is two infantry brigades of 4 units with attached artillery battery, and a cavalry brigade. You can use any combination so long as it's just three brigades. I'm going to paint the other two blue sprues next before starting the British. This will give me six brigades per side under the rules.



This represents the French Army contents of one TB box.




8 comments:

  1. All I can think is "Boom-bang-a-bang"! Nice job Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian, cheers, and my sentiments exactly :)

      Delete
  2. "Hey Mister Eurovision Song Contest Man, Would you like to hear my song? - Bing Bang Bong". Thus sang the great Neil Innes!

    Seriously though, those guys are how tall? Cracking job you've done on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He summed it up, spot on! Thanks Matt, the Perry figures are 8mm tall foot figures, so it's a scale that makes the horses just big enough to add that bit of extra highlighting :)

      Delete
  3. Great looking figures, lovely finish on this scale, I'm sure you haven't missed that much of the premier league on MOTD!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I'm all up to date now on the footie front, it was the Crystal Palace v Hull game I was looking forward to watching without knowing the result ..... Palace fans in the family as we come from that part of SE London :)

      Delete
  4. The figures are super. I'm still a bit nervous about the Perry's dictating that we all have to go for yet another scale - presumably everyone's 1/300 buildings will be all right. Anyway - looks marvellous, but I would expect you to make a terrific job of it.

    I misread the start of your post, and gathered that you had deliberately avoided learning the result of the Eurovision thing, so you could watch it the next day. I realise, of course, that I got that all wrong, and should read more slowly now that the brain has slowed down. On the subject of MotD - it is very rare that Liverpool fans have any bragging rights over the Hammers, so I am saying nothing, but am quietly smug this morning. I won't be so smug when we lose 1-0 at home against Middlesbrough, mind you. I am rapidly becoming a devoted Ajax fan - very keen on them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tony - Reading back I can understand your confusion, not best worded and I shudder to think that I gave the impression that I was annoyed at missing the Euro thing!

    Footie - whatever we may think of him Big Sam certainly seems to have the Magic Touch, I really thought Palace would be going down until they signed him up, my cousins will be happy :) As for Liverpool, a deserved victory and I do enjoy Klopps passion on the touchline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.