Wednesday 22 June 2016

Tanks and lot's of them!

I thought I would do a quick photo update to show progress of the Flames of War armour collection. I undercoated a large number of models this morning in the shed at the end of the garden where I do my spraying, and once dry laid them all out for a count up and to see how things look so far. Still a lot of painting to do, especially on the Germans and I might just add a final platoon of 4 Panthers to round them off. The US tanks are about done as they all arrived ready painted, and the Soviets have now been brought up to 3 platoons of six tanks each and just need the 2 command tanks to finish them. With 4 T34/76's and two T34/85's per platoon they should be a force to be reckoned with. I'm basing them around a Soviet regular Tankovy from the FoW 'Hammer and Sickle' lists and equates to about 1000 points. With 40 plus tanks on the table at a time games should be pretty lively and hopefully quite impressive visually.

A few pictures for those who like pushing model tanks around the tabletop as I do! Battlefront, Plastic Soldier Company and Forged in Battle models, all scale up very well together.


A second Sherman platoon sent to me by James, thanks mate.


Forged in Battle Pz IV and VI, the Tigers are really nice models.


Tankovy!
T34, Plastic Soldier Company.
StuG awaiting cammo.



Think the StuG's are by Battlefront.
And finally, in 28mm I made a flag for the Soviets.



2 comments:

  1. You have brought this lot together amazingly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm, I didn't want to hang about with it!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.