Wednesday 5 November 2014

A few 6mm American War of Independence shots.

Photos not as crisp as I had hoped for so I may replace these with some taken on my daughters galaxy phone later, it takes amazing pics. This is my British/Loyalist Army so far, foot battalions of 44 figures, light infantry 24 figures and cavalry of 24 figures! This is the effect I have been wanting in this scale. I need to expand the 2 units at rear (Grenadiers and Scots) to bring them up to full strentgh.

I'm doing some Americans now, militia units.

No hexes for this project, I'm thinking of a return to Loose Files & American Scramble again (with amendments) ..... that if I get that far of course!



Flash ON for a change.

Foot Guards, no colours carried so denote elite status by adding a mounted officer.



6 comments:

  1. Most impressive photos, a great mass effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you have been busy - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, painting these are almost second nature to me now, the old eyes have had a good rest from 6mm and seem to be coping well again :-)

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Try the Will McNally rules though.. just use 4 base units instead of 2 to maintain the glorious look and feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve. I have the McNally set now and I'm reading through them, good thing is they will work with my units as effectively each are of 4 30 x 30mm bases. I like what I see so far :-)

      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.