Saturday 23 March 2013

Stop press - The Russians have arrived!

It's a very bleak cold and windy day down here on the Kent coast, everyone seems to be hunkered down in the warm and the place is deserted. But my Baccus Russian order arrived today and I wasted no time in getting an infantry battalion undercoated. First bag I picked up was the infantry in greatcoats so I'll start with them. The level of detail is simply amazing and should produce a fine army. No doubt this battalion will be painted and based by this time tomorrow. 

It's given a fresh impetus to my Napoleonic collection, I hope to add the C&C Russian Expansion in due course. No doubt many interesting and challenging scenarios lay ahead. 




1 comment:

  1. I agree. The new Russian sculpts are really nice and easy to paint. I had done some comparisons on my blog about the old and new sculpts. Big difference. That is why I am looking forward to the new French re-sculpts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.