Saturday 19 July 2014

Further thoughts on the Perry plastic AWI's.

Having been practicing on a few more of the Perry plastics while I wait to get my hands on some of the Fife & Drum figures I must say I have really come to like them. I have begun to enjoy assembling them now, trying different arm combinations, altering slightly the angle of the hats. The glue makes this easy and can be done quite cleanly. Once undercoated it can be hard to believe these are multipart plastic figures I think. For the price these would be great for building up large units and will stand shoulder to shoulder to many metals, but my aims are for skirmish or company level quick games, using C&C adapted rules, but in the meantime I'm just enjoying painting them and trying to achieve a consistent look by simplifying the colour schemes etc. At some point I'll have them all back on the painting table for a facial touch up and highlight and a polishing up of those straps!

Enthusiasm for painting is high despite a few down days recently, often these short projects help drive me on.The three continental command figures I knocked off this morning when it was quite overcast and gloomy but very humid.

I should mention that I only noticed yesterday that my Continental Infantry box contained no less than 4 command sprues and I seemed to be 3 short on the actual infantry sprues, bit annoying but I'll probably keep them in the spares box. Does mean I'm short 15 private soldiers though!

I'll paint a few more of the British for now, might do some loyalists and play around with conversions a bit, but my main focus will be on the Fife & Drum range.

The usual load of pictures taken under different light conditions. The flag will be replaced with something better.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.