Saturday 7 April 2012

More 6mm pics!

French battalion number 2 completed. Very pleased with the result. Again brighter dabs of colour really bring these tiny figures out, I highlighted the officers horse far more than I would say a 28mm horse for example, but it seems to work.

Made up a couple of tree bases, very enjoyable in his scale. They are just clump foilage glued to cut down cocktail sticks, bases treated and the foilage given a quick highlight. The bases are infact old pennies! I have piles of them, Victorian and Edwardian, they are bigger and thinner than current 2p coins so are ideal for a group of 3 trees.

British Heavy dragoons undercoated and ready for paint, again I reckon a 1.5 hour session will finish them. I think I'll go for 2 ranks of 8 troopers with the officer in front with his trumpeter, but I'll play a round to find the best composition.





3 comments:

  1. It's all looking really good Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really good Lee! Why can't 20mm figures be so quick to paint up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Ian, I think I may have finally found what I've been looking for in this hobby!

    Steve, I can understand what you mean, but at least you already have a good number of figures painted up.

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.