Tuesday 12 April 2016

Quick Panzer foliage.

I had been looking around for a means of re creating that classic late war Panzer foliage covered look, but had not been able to find a suitable product for the branches. Yesterday I went hunting in the garden for suitable small twigs, gave them a coat of super glue and rolled them in Noch 'leaf'. After a couple of coats building up the density slightly this is what I achieved, I'm quite pleased that I found a simple quick solution to this.

I don't want to glue them on, they can just there for now. I might add a touch more contrast to the leaf, not sure yet, possibly a few browns would improve it. I have read that the Panzer crews did not like netting, but rather were issued with 'D' rings to weld onto the body into which the branches were pushed. When I get to my M10 I will be experimenting with surgical gauze for the netting as often seen on them.

Sturmgeschutz with added foliage, commander watching the skies as so often seen in the newsreels.




StuG in Normandy.

6 comments:

  1. O nicely done. Looks very effective and yes, with a little variance in leaf colour will really shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, I will vary the leaf shade a little I think. Takes seconds to make up a branch using super glue, I let it run and 'blob' a little before rolling it in the noch 'leaf'.

      Lee.

      Delete
  2. Realistic and superb foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, would I be right in saying that you just added the greenery on top and could remove it as needed? Clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes CK, I made up a batch of them in a few minutes and they just lay over the model, I didn't want to make them permanent, but it's so typical of the Normandy campaign. I have some laying across my Tiger and it looks very pleasing :)

      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.