Thursday 7 November 2013

Re-basing - taking the plunge!

A quick post this one to feature a few test bases with figures removed from the individual coin bases and rebased on 50mm x 35mm unit bases. I like them a lot, even though it's going to be hours more work to do this it makes sense now to go for it and make the change. I have far more figures than I could use as individuals and I think the visual impact on the new board is much better like this. I guess they represent a small battalion or something. I'm keen to get this done now and it's distracting me from other things I should be getting on with, but after so long planning this it's great to see everything coming together finally and once it's done I intend to sit back and enjoy playing wargames again. With luck everything should be finished over the weekend. I'll have to mark losses again as I used to with the 6mm Napoleonic games, but I have an idea how I want to do that too.





6 comments:

  1. Looks good, much better than individual figures I think. I would be interested in you ideas for tracking casualties, I've toyed with the idea of writing an Android app for my own personal use to keep track of unit statistics and possibly other calculations but I'm a little worried that it will turn into another major undertaking. Another possibility I have considered is a base that Warbases (who I use for my MDF hexes) produce which has a little wheel thingamajig which you can turn to track up to 10 casualties, you can use the base to mount a casualty figure to disguise it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done too. Single stand element is the way to go. No more fumbling about with individually mounted figures. I did the same for my 6mm CCA project.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice looking units...and great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, rebasing - what fun! They do look really good though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second attempt - I wrote a load of gibberish last time…

    The bases and the terrain look really very good - the scenic bits look very realistic, hexes or not!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.