Next I need to 'fix' everything with a spray of varnish or something. If anybody has any ideas on what to use to spray the tiles with that will give a hard seal finish but without darkening down the grass too much I would appreciate any advice. I tried an experimental 'Klear/magic wash thinned with about 50% water and a touch of black ink - the dry was very good but it killed the static grass too dark, obviously a touch less ink!
Anyway, on Saturday I practically took over the kitchen and dining room and covered every surface with wet and drying hexes, a true production line job, I think I covered about 150 hexes to begin with which gave me plenty of spared to play with. I was glad when it was over and I could tidy up and have a shower, but it had been worth the effort I thought.
Sunday it was all change as it was our Grandaughters 4th Birthday and we had 10 around the table for dinner eventually. I was coaxed into having my photo taken with 'Peppa Pig' in order to prove to the birthday girl that she was not in the least bit scary, but to no avail, she went back upstairs and refused to come down until 'Peppa' left. Funniest bit for me was seeing the cash exchanging hands outside the front door, she still in full Pig costume.... cost my Son in Law £30 for that 15 minutes of 'interaction' I just could not help laughing.
Back to painting tomorrow, but here's a few shots of the last few days production on the terrain board. Much to still do including a thin edging strip to hold everything in place. There's still a bit of loose flock floating about as you can see!
*Edited to add ..... the Hardy's Ale 1981 is going to be saved for the inaugural AWI battle on this board, soon as it's sealed and framed.
|I made those fieldwork strips especially for my Militia units!|
|This is Foy's nightmare, look at all that loose flock Captain.|