Tuesday 10 May 2016

Normandy Cafe.

My wargame table is currently looking more like an MDF housing estate. This is the last of the kits for my Normandy themed board, a lovely cafe with lots of character, and even has a little bar inside the lower floor! It's a HUGE model though, but lays out well bedside the others. I have on order the 'back yard' pieces, and many thanks to Richard for the link to the perfect outside toilets, I have 4 on order plus the Warbases site tempted me into buying my first 28mm rabbits, ducks and dogs and other bits as I begin to start 'dressing up' the table. Tell me, do you think the flag is too much?

And who's first to the bar?








6 comments:

  1. Where's René?
    What a masterpiece it will really add to the table top especially with the outside Loo's!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm looking forward to getting the buildings painted and the back yards added, but it's a long term project :) The Allo Allo theme is also in my head, I can only tackle this period with humour.

      Delete
  2. More to the point where is "The Fallen Madonna with the big boobies" by Von Klomp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have mentioned that I'm going to have to re watch the series, great script of course and some memorable performances :) I'm even looking at adding a few civilians, perhaps a French maid or two?

      Delete
  3. The Nazis invaded Europe and stuck their filthy iconography all over the place. I think it's perfect example of this. Cafe looks great Lee, a good addition. Need some Allo, Allo characters to sit in it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Dai, the banner stays! The cafe now has a nice soft golden yellow render, blended back with Ivory. Going to ink the windows and doors with thinned Sepia then paint the tiles. I'm on the lookout for civilians right now :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.