I decided to stick with Blue Moon for the cavalry because the AB's are somewhat larger and I do not want to repaint my cavalry, it's not so much the AB horses - which are beautiful sculpts - but the riders that do not sit well beside the BM's, although the infantry are a perfect match. As a nod in the future direction I painted a base of Life Guards and will add the Royal Horse Guards next, these guys are actually mounted upon AB horses and that works very well.
I'm well stocked up now with figures for the project, but once I have painted the second of my Portuguese line bases (tomorrow) I'm going to take a couple of weeks break and paint some figures for Old John that have been patiently waiting for some time now. Meanwhile with life slowly beginning to return to some normality I'm going to get some DBN games in on the new table including some of the scenarios from One Hour Wargames. I think I have achieved exactly what I set out to do three months ago with the overall look and feel of both the table and the figures.
18mm figures by AB and Blue Moon, painted April, May, June. British, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
280 line infantry.
20 heavy cavalry.
27 light cavalry.
28 artillery crew
15 mounted generals.