Sunday 15 March 2015

C&C Expansion 5 and US Paras.

I was delighted to read this morning that the long awaited Command & Colors expansion 5 - Generals, Marshals, Tacticians - has made the cut!  Read here - sounds like a lot in the box including a new pack of 90 command cards, 50 new  'tactical cards' and the main pack also now includes 'take command' cards.


Flames of War.
I spent an enjoyable couple of hours yesterday getting a bit of paint on my 15mm  FoW US paras, very quick job, followed by a magic wash, a quick touch up and then matt varnish. This morning I started the basing. I'm only looking for an overall look here, not intended for close inspection, but I'm pleased how they are turning out so far. The platoon consists of 32 figures :-


  • 6 bases of rifle/MG guns.
  • 1 mortar base
  • 1 bazooka base
  • 1 command base






Tomorrow I'll be painting the 79th New York for John, looking forward to seeing what I can do with the kilts, This is the 'before' picture, the castings are by Drebbeler.


3 comments:

  1. Yankees in kilts - what an unusual and interesting unit to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust that you are re running Band if Brothers Lee?
    The best bit for me is the assault across the dike in Holland.
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the C&C tip - would have missed that :)
    Yanks look superb :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.