Monday 16 December 2013

Moving swiftly on ...... Germans!

Firstly, I would like to wish everybody who reads this blog a very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Healthy New Year.

Tonight I have been playing with the camera again, in my never ending quest to take half decent pictures of miniatures. I'm fairly pleased with these, taken from various angles while shuffling the 6400k bulb about above them. Flash on and flash off for contrast, these are the Memoir 44 bases painted over the past couple of weeks or so. The US Airborne 10 bases are completed and I have the last 3 German infantry bases underway now. I have Sherman tanks and Panthers on order from Peter Pig to keep me going over the festive period. The good thing about Memoir 44 if you choose to do it with miniatures is that you don't need vast numbers of figures to do it and so can enjoy producing nice character bases, and for this PP figures are perfect. I'd like to find a way to work in the lovely 'Germans having lunch' pack!

Plan for tank and armour bases is to have a single model replacing the usual 3 small plastic models and counting off 3 hits. I am looking forward to painting my first tank in 30 years. As I said before, I have no idea where this will go, but I'm enjoying painting them and who knows, if I can get a local opponent for this one - as I think I might have lined up - maybe I'll even stick with it.







3 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.