Sunday 12 February 2017

Warlord Games Canoes completed!

It's been a bitterly cold weekend down here so have not been out much, giving me time to paint the two canoes and crews. As usual for Indians I started the flesh tones with Vallejo light brown with a touch of deep red mixed in, then highlighted with straight light brown, especially around the muscles etc. For European flesh tones I normally start with light brown and highlight with sunny flesh tone. I did consider giving them a thin wash of sepia ink, but decided to leave them as you see them. The canoes were quick and easy to do using a reference picture, I probably should have painted two different designs on the fronts. The Huron Chief painted up a treat, and he will shortly be seen leading his warriors allied to the French in a game of Sharpe Practice.

River sections by Small Terrain Miniature Scenery supplied fully painted.











Richard who supplied the battle mat promptly contacted me to apologise for the mistake and will be sending out a replacement this week so I'm a happy man again on that front. My intention is to have the choice of playing Commands & Colors on the printed mat OR Sharpe Practice on my TSS tiles. Should you have any enquiries regarding custom mats you can contact Richard via email:  info@edusign.co.uk  I find he replies very promptly. Website: http://www.tinywargames.co.uk/

Next up are two of the Hovels resin buildings in preparation for the Sharpe Practice 2 run through I hope to play at the weekend.



10 comments:

  1. Very nice, as are the rivers. Are they resin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm, yes the river sections are resin and bought as seen last year, been in the box since! I got a range of straights, curves, a ford and a wooden bridge section.

      Delete
  2. These canoes are superb, simply superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid work, 'Lee, and it looks like you may still get the natty trousers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt, my Wife thinks I could start a new fashion trend!

      Delete
  4. That Huron chief is a bit special, isn't he!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a great sculpt and a true character.

      Delete
  5. Nice canoes and river sections, the chief is great too.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.