Monday 29 January 2024

Tiny Tigers #2 !

 A quick paint job on the first two. Black base coat, drybrush of 'Middlestone' (Dunkelgelb) followed by patches of Flat Earth then Olive Green, Oily Steel to edges of tracks and cabling etc. The final touch is to bring all the shades together with a wash of Vallejo Sepia wash. Don't own an airbrush so same method used for years on German late war armour. I'll grab some weathering powder on my next order from S&M Stuff (!) and maybe some blackening around the business end of the 88mm.

The build took just a few minutes per tank, the paint job maybe an hour for the two as it's my tried and trusted method. Four more to do and I'm going to order a pack of the 75mm Shermans next. 

I know, I know but I can't help myself.




11 comments:

  1. They are really nice models and the new 88mm looks superb, you’ve done a cracking job on them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure my missus would be so understanding if we received a delivery from S&M stuff. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I came to find the company in the first place JBM :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm - late war German armour. Doubtless the tanks will soon be given short shrift by allied armour, artillery and air-power ⚔️⚔️ Nice looking models though. Good job 🎨🖌️
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work with these Lee! I have quite a collection of metal stuff in this scale and it is the perfect size for WW2 games I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian. I enjoyed doing them and as you say a great scale for WW2.

      Delete
  5. Spot on. I did panthers in a similar scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! But not tiny. I was basing some Irregular 2mm Tigers over the weekend. It changes your perspective. 12mm is a good scale for visibility, but for reasons of game and storage space, I don't do WWII above 6mm these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.