Saturday 27 January 2024

Oh, I forgot to mention!

As I still retain some interest in WW2 tank warfare from my Flames of War days I just had to see for myself just what the Victrix 1:144th/12mm models were like so a few days ago I ordered a set of the Tiger I kits and they arrived yesterday.  I wasted no time in cutting one from the sprues - a simple job as very few parts - and the result is a finely detailed little model, I am really rather taken by it. 

Difficult to describe the size so a shot against a standard Vallejo paint bottle should help. I have to say smaller than I had imagined but a perfect size for armoured battles on a small table. The kit building and painting is the bit I enjoy and I have no plans going forward other than to collect a few packs, at least at this stage, I mean how can I resist the tiny Shermans?








8 comments:

  1. Oooh those are pretty sweet mate. What camo are you going to do them in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers JBM, I had a broad smile on my face after I built the first one which took only a few minutes. Somehow I had expected them to be a bit bigger but I really like the scale. For me it has to be late war post Normandy for the camo :)
      Cheers
      Lee.

      Delete
  2. As I've got one of your painted Tigers, I know it's going to paint up well! Good luck with your railway I can see the lure of terrain building and am trying to scratch build a Soviet armoured train for bolt action!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I have painted Tigers in 4 scales now Iain :)
      All the best,
      Lee

      Delete
  3. They are lovely, the panther makes up to a nice model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt I'll build and paint a few packs of these Norm, just for the sheer pleasure of doing so!
      Cheers,
      Lee

      Delete
  4. 12mm is the same scale as Minifigs N range.. be good to see how they compare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Steve, so the same as my planned N Gauge railway then? Would make sense looking at the tank commander. Must say they are little beauties!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.