Friday 5 January 2024

Guest appearance - Prince Rupert's Charge!

Hard to believe it's now 6 years since RobG took ownership of my old Hinchliffe figure ECW collection and he has continued to work on them since then. He has just sent me these magnificent photos of the latest unit to be added, Prince Ruperts Horse comprising figures from the Peter Gilder designed 'Foremost' range listed as 'Prince Ruperts Charge'. There is fair bit of conversion work in there and of course all finished in a heavy gloss varnish. I absolutely love them!

The Foremost range was an extension to the existing Hinchliffe ranges, they figures were slightly chunkier and the horses a touch larger but Rob has replaced some of the horses with standard Hinchliffe in order help the unit to blend in with the wider collection. The Standard is hand painted (as are all standards) and represents the period etching that features Boy, Ruperts large white hunting Poodle with  the caption 'To him Pudel'.



Robs complete collection can be seen on the link in my 'photos page above' I'll just add it here for convenience. 

I'm enjoying my first day having Broadband back, it's been a tough couple of weeks without it I have to say!  I think that and the rough wet weather encouraged me to pick up the brushes earlier than planned and I have now completed another batch of 60 mounted Indians for Mark. The January batch will be 2 troops of US 7th Cavalry 40 figures. 

5 comments:

  1. They are indeed beautiful. Not trying to trump your internet woes, but your comment takes my mind back 8 years when we moved here and waited ……. 7 months for an internet connection! The angst that went into getting that sorted and the failed escalation process that ended up on the desks of two senior exec’s in two organisations just beggars belief.

    We were daily at internet coffee shops just to keep the wheel on, until our very kindly neighbour gave us access to his internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Norm. When you suddenly lose connection for a couple of weeks it's like having an arm cut off :) The phone signal here is also weak so sharing a mobile hotspot was also an issue as kept buffering. In your case I guess 2 weeks is not bad! I need to check a few blogs and catch up now so I'm just off to Piggy Longton.
      Lee

      Delete
  2. A Happy New Year to you Lee. That Rob is a clever boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you too Ian :) Yes, Rob has turned out something a bit special there, but then that goes for the entire collection.
      Lee

      Delete
  3. It’s amazing how much we rely on the internet isn’t it. Glad to hear you are up and running again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.