Tuesday 11 July 2023

Finished Macedonian army 3mm!

Just a few more shots as I managed to complete the 12 element Macedonian (Late Successor) army for DBA. To represent the heavy cavalry ('knights'  in DBA terms) I used cataphracts based in a charging formation, OK in this scale and I can tell them at a glance from the 'cavalry' base. They are now ready for battle, the Phalanx was a lot work, cutting the forward facing 8 deep strips in half, trimming and filing the bases etc so I'll let this army stand as it is for a while now as I move onto the Parthians.

And now Geoff goes and informs me that Magister Militum also do Ancient Indians in the range! 








6 comments:

  1. Lookin’ very nice Lee, very nice indeed. They’ll certainly be a threat on the battlefield.
    Your 3mm armies are certainly growing at pace. Let’s hope you can soon lead your little chaps to victory ⚔️⚔️
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff. I just need to find some spare time to enjoy them now!
      Lee.

      Delete
  2. Most impressive and beautiful 3mm units!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Phil, I'm enjoying this new scale.
      Lee.

      Delete
  3. Excellent looking army! On to the Indians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, but which Indians, the ancients or the native Americans :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.