Wednesday 1 November 2023

Warlord Epic Pike & Shot - how I paint them!

I wasn't too keen on them initially but when regular customer Noel asked me to paint them as a follow up to his ACW's I wanted to see what cold be done with them! My method is speed painting with lots of pre dry brushing before picking out the detail. I have this down to around 3 hours per 4 sprues by this method which seems about right, as always I could of course go further with detail and highlights etc but Noel is very happy with the results ( I also base them using the Vallejo Earth texture  which is so quick and easy to apply). One tip here is on basing those tricky frontal individual pikeman.

 


5 comments:

  1. Really nice job Lee, you seem to have the perfect painting system …. I’m afraid I have just moved mine on! I just don’t seem to be able to get my painting time down on any of the Epics to something that I feel is acceptable.

    Interesting to hear that in ‘push of pike’ you were lifted off your feet, that is a real world experience of how things must have been for these soldiers. In the Macedonian 16 rank phalanx, crush must have been real contributor to casualties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking troops, excellent rapid finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Lee ⚔️
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.