Sunday 22 January 2023

More 3mm Ancients!

 I'm having a lot of fun with this little project, 3mm Romans x Britons for DBA. Need 4 more bases of Warbands to finish it off and then a couple of camps for which there is lots of potential to get creative, I'm thinking a Roman marching camp and an Iceni village with round houses etc.

Added an additional chariot base with just 4 models to represent the command base, Queen Boudica is in the lead chariot with white horses and you does have flame red hair but you will probably have to take my word for that! Very pleased with the skirmisher bases as I needed them to be distinctive.

Figures are by Osmy Odzial of Poland, sold in the UK by Magister Militum.






I finally got round to replacing the shield designs on the 15mm Hoplite Mercenaries, difficult job as the Essex Miniatures shields are very dished which makes placing them on a fiddly job. I'm still not happy but they will have to do for now, they certainly add a splash of colour and both armies make a very pleasing sight. I can call them done for now at least.







 




9 comments:

  1. The 3mm look nicer / more functional than I would have thought possible, but I think your basing style allows that three foot thing to work well. Those skirmishers do look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm, I simply not resist the challenge! Pleased with the results myself I must say and now that I have seen the 3mm Carthaginian elephants who knows :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice Lee, very nice indeed. 👏👏
    As you say, DBA camps can allow for much creativity. I’d perhaps be tempted by a hill-fort - well, at least the outskirts/entrance to it anyway. Often gamers use “artistic licence”with camps, making them much smaller than the nominal scale of the gaming figures - but with 3mm scale figures I guess that might be difficult 😉🤣😂
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Geoff. Hill fort? What a great idea!

      Delete
  3. Lee, this 3mm project has certainly blown me away with what you’ve achieved and your enthusiasm, even to the point you have me mulling over ideas 🤣 although I do have some 6mm! I did however buy Strength and Honour rules after watching a few videos and I really quite like the concept with the ability to effectively set your own base sizes. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham, sorry to tempt you! Funny enough S&H rules were going through my mind the other day after watching the videos and I could see 3mm working really well.

      Delete
  4. WOW fantastic looking figures 3mm!! no way could i paint such small figures , very impressed
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracking stuff. I especially like the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. But now I have only gone and seen Carthaginian elephants in 3mm scale! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.