Friday 27 January 2023

A very generous gift!

I tend to post quite regularly in the FB 2mm wargaming group which is extremely active and well supported. When I mentioned that I was a couple of packs of Osmy Odzial 3mm Celtic Warriors due to the UK supplier Magister Militum being out of stock a fellow member David Blair offered to send me a couple along with a few examples of scale roundhouses which I had been looking at in order to make the DBA camp. What arrived a couple of days later completely blew me away, hundreds of very well painted 3mm's late Romans and Carthaginians, Celts etc along with 10 packs of unopened figures, Spanish infantry and cavalry for the Carthaginians, Hoplites and command packs, cavalry packs etc. Now given that these MM 3mm packs sell for £12.00 each this is an extremely generous late Birthday present (as David put it!). Basically I have two complete DBA armies plus lots more. Plan is to start with late Carthaginians by adding a pack of elephants, rebasing to match my current 3mm bases. In addition to the figures there was a second layer of resin DBA camp bases and lots of little roundhouses. I'm over the moon at such generosity.

These are all from Magister Militums own 3mm range, not the Polish designed Osmy range. Both are extremely good, the MM's being slightly chunkier possibly. The detail is amazing, you can clearly see horns on the side of some helmets for example.






So I wasted no time finishing off my 3mm Ancient British DBA army as you can see below, I just need to work on the Roman marching fort camp and both armies will be completely finished.

Today I will be sticking the hill fort to a thin plastic base of irregular shape, built up to disguise the thick edge and give a more hill section like appearance. I'm a very happy man!





5 comments:

  1. That was a very nice gift from David - extremely generous. 👏👏
    Your ancient British army is looking impressive. Surely they will be victorious against the Romans (after all, whatever have the Romans ever done for us?). Errrr… on second thoughts, ignore that last bit 🤣😂
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. The goodness of the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lucky boy - but I guess you earned with all your posts to entertain others. As for disguising the camp base how about making the edge more like an earthwork?

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic gift and very well deserved cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  5. David is an exceptionally generous member of the 2mm/3mm wargaming world. I also have been helped by him with my 2mm ACW project.

    Your 3mm ancients project looks amazing. I hope we get to see them in action.

    Elenderil from the Small but perfectly formed blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.