Tuesday 4 April 2023

Epic Waterloo!

I'm currently working on painting loads of cavalry towards Tony2's refight of Waterloo planned for June at his home in Portugal. With his permission I share a few photos of the 15' x 5' table being gradually set up for the game. Obviously not all these figures have been painted by myself, the majority were done by the Sri Lankan painting service but I have done all the Prussians, all the French Guard cavalry, artillery etc and this week I'm finishing off 4 regiments of British and KGL Light Dragoons with Hussars to follow.






12 comments:

  1. Magnificent! You must be pleased to be part of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Norm, good feeling, quite rewarding.

      Delete
  2. Now that is what I call 'Epic'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great example of just what the Epic concept is about Rob!

      Delete
  3. Certainly looks epic! Lovely work all round!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially like the custom printed Waterloo mat Iain.

      Delete
  4. Holy hell. I’ve got board envy. 15 ruddy foot! My first flat wasn’t that big. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guts for the comments. Lee has done a great job but he has got the dates wrong, the refight is in late May not June but I'm sure we will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tony (couldn't edit the autocorrect spelling, but should be 'guys' of course). Was trying to find your FB post with the full numbers of battalions/regiments?
      Appreciate your support.
      Lee

      Delete
    2. Approx 70 battalions each side, British/Allies , French and Prussians, approx 30 cavalry regiments per side, over 100 guns in total. 40 strong infantry battalions, 20 strong cavalry regiments , 2 gun batteries. Using Shako rules.

      Delete
  6. That looks good Lee. Well done to all concerned.
    I wonder how many figures are represented in the whole battle? It’s no wonder some people think gamers are touched with megalomania (in a nice way, of course 😉).
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.