Tuesday 14 March 2023

3mm ECW regiment of foot - a quick post!

The announcement of the 13.5mm plastic Warlord Epic ECW's drew me back into thinking about what has always been my favourite period, and so combined with my new found love of the 3mm little guys I painted up the first regiment of a new project. I'm rather pleased how it turned out.

Figures by Magister Militum, 60mm x 25mm mdf base, filed to reduce that sharp edge. Flags added from paper over the small metal cast on flag as too small, cut down and painted.






9 comments:

  1. Lovely jubbly Lee. Well done 👏👏
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee, At the moment, minds, for obvious reasons are being drawn towards ECW, but looking at your pics, I actually find the 3mm solution for this period more compelling than the traditional smaller scales. To my eye, that is how the unit should look ….. and no problems with fragile or bendy pikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm. I'm drawn towards the opportunity to create realistic 'model railway' style terrain in this scale but on a small board like 3 x 2! Surprisingly robust too these little guys :)

      Delete
  3. Look great and would go well with 'The Perfect Captain's 'Pikes Level' rules which are an army-level game requiring quite a few units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob. I don't know where this will go, but it's the opportunity for making realistic terrain in this scale that I like.

      Delete
    2. 'Pikes Level' may be your thing then as the actual formation and precise location of units is not important and the author intended units / combats as dioramas.

      Delete
  4. Excellent teeny tiny pike and shot and I'm delighted you've decided to keep posting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.