Friday 23 March 2018

Pastures new!

On Monday 26th March we complete on our house sale and a new adventure awaits as we move to Spain. I decided that I want to make a completely fresh start hobby wise too and so it was a pleasure to meet Rob this morning who has taken into his care my Hinchliffe ECW collection. After a bit of indecision - although I knew in my heart that I wanted to pass them on - it was with not a single regret that I saw them go to a new home where they will be well used and enjoyed. The fact that 'Wellington Man' who I know to be a big fan of the Hinchliffes may be visiting Rob on his travels and seeing them 'in the flesh' as it were was a bonus.

I wanted to make a complete break and so I am really pleased that I will be passing on the two fully painted sets of 'Travel Battle' to Bob Cordery, who will I'm sure get much pleasure from them in conjunction with his 'Portable Wargames' rules. Bob and I lived only a few minutes apart for more than a decade before we moved down to the Kent coast, yet we never met. I admire his commitment to the hobby.

I will be taking Commands & Colors Napoleonics and all the expansions that I have with me, funny enough speaking to Rob this morning I realised that the only expansion I don't have is the Spanish one, something of an irony considering where I am going, but I'll put that right and grab a copy before we leave for Spain mid April. I may also get the base game C&C ancients too. I do intend to expand my board game collection, but I'm sure that I'll paint something again once settled!

I'm sure that you will see something new appearing on this blog in due course, although it may be a couple of months before this happens.

All the best for now,

Lee.







13 comments:

  1. All the best for your big move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new place. I remember the C&C games taking you into the world of mixing your own hex boards with figures and have enjoyed all your posts and dabblings since that time. Looking forward to the next stage for the blog once you have got settled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck...I've enjoyed reading about the developing ECW armies and have been inspired to go down the Hinchliffe road myself (with Italian Wars).
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with the move, 'Lee. Dammit, I'm going to just miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds exciting ! I hope everything goes well

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the move go smoothly and life in Spain be all that you hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the move goes well. Good luck in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move Lee - my mum's been out in Spain for a few years, and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with it all, it sounds quite exciting.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the move. Look forward to your blog updates

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good travels! Please keep in touch..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck for your he future. I look forward to following your progress.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.