This week I'm starting on a regiment of 30 Dutch infantry for Old John but also working on how to represent buildings for my small grid hex board when my standard bases are 60mm x 25mm which doe not leave much room for terrain in a 70mm hex. I now have some lovely Battlescale 6mm models which do look a bit small as expected but I have added a base of 5mm foam board to increase the height slightly and will be painted to match the model. I'm going to paint some today to see how this works and if I feel it acceptable aesthetically for what after all is a boardgame with miniatures.
![]() |
| Workbench overview! |
I also did a fairly quick experiment using a semi flat printed house on both sides of a 5mm foamboard core, a suitable image, copied, pasted, flipped o one side then printed and cut out! You can see the result below, I think it scales up well and can be fitted around a base of troops in the hex, probably a couple of such per hex. I'm also working on a church using the same method. Not sure which works best yet but we shall see later this week hopefully.
I received another box of cavalry sprues from Caliver books (nannyog on eBay) and also a set of the Epic Parliamentarian generals in resin which are excellent little sculpts.Can't wait to get them painted.
![]() |
| 13.5mm Epic resin! |
Finally I'm looking hit markers for the game and might well use the Warlord Pike and Shot counters (see below) which are great and I have painted up a set for Noel some time back. They have numbers to show number of losses. I did try a crafty copy and print then glue to 20mm disc (below) but think the set wold be worth the £19.00 cost.
![]() |
| A crafty copy/paste/print on a 20mm MDF disc! |








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.