Thursday, 10 September 2026

Trying a white basecoat again!

 This week I am painting a unit of 30 x 1/72nd WSS Spanish Pro - Bourbon Infantry (Strelets) for Old John. As they wear long white coats and stockings I decided to begin with an off white undercoat and work them up from there. To be honest I'm rather pleased with both the method and the finish and timings were about the same as using my usual black base. I have another 8 painted yesterday completed (seen in their white undercoats below) and today I'll be painting 6 more including the officers/standard bearers/musician. this will leave just the last 8 to complete the unit by the weekend. Might need to lighten the cuffs a little as I used the superb box art for reference but I think Regimiento Saboya as requested had lighter blue cuffs and breeches, no problem.



Grenadiers in front with red  stockings.

Another WoR Faction has arrived from Noel with additional Mercenary crossbowmen and a few other bits. I also continue to add more ECW units for myself as my printed mat if now on it's way from Spain via FedEx thanks to Rollingmats.

Below: WoR artillery (15mm Peter Pig) heading back to Ireland for Noel along with two completed Factions numbers 4 & 5!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.