Friday, 21 August 2026

Minifigs 25mm Mounted Generals for Old John, more WoR for Noel and planning more single base ECW's!

Over the course of 4 days this week I painted the 13 Minifigs WSS Generals for Old John. It was a challenging paint because all were in different style coats and colours but I think they turned out pretty well and John is happy. The two horses that had been painted by John's wife Cynthia I left untouched beyond a coat f satin varnish, they are very nicely done. I calculate that with prep, undercoating and painted these is a solid 8 to 9 hours work in these over the 4 days! The bits of paper under the figures are for identification as sent over by John.





The two horses at left were painted by Cynthia.


For Noel I'll be painting the first of the WoR artillery over next few days so that they can be returned to him along with the completed Faction's #4 & #5 (below). Because they are shipping back to Ireland via FedEx it makes sense to build up a decent size package for each parcel. I like FedEx which I book via Parcels2Go online, prepaid self printed label, home pick up and delivery usually within just a few days.


           




And slowly putting together more small ECW units for myself, 





2 comments:

  1. Lee, I was wondering if you painted the Epic ECWs in cut-down sections, or as reassembled strips!
    (Thanks for the illustrations here)
    Dave S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it much easier to cut them down first, any slight damage disappears when undercoated. The main thing is always to cut through the bases between figures first with a hobby knife and then gently bend back and forth until they part. You might have a slight 'flat' area at the breaks but the black undercoat disguises this. These Pike & Shot strips are a bit more tricky than say the ACW's or Napoleonics I have cut down before but works OK.
      Cheers,
      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.