Wednesday 31 July 2024

'Blows Must Decide' (King George III 1774).

Artillery and cavalry on the way from Peter Pig then to add a baggage base to each army for which I have some fun ideas. 

Two x 12 point  armies for DBN variant. Designed for battles on my folding card table ( 2'6"x 2'6")

 British/Loyalist/Hessian.

  • Foot Guards. 2 Bases (Ms) Elite plus 1 base (Ms/Light) Elite     4.5 points.
  • British line. 4 bases (Ms.)           4 points.
  • (Option to replace 1 British line base with:  Hessian converged Grenadiers (Ms.)  1 point.
  • Butlers Rangers. 1 base   (Loyalist)  (Ms)     1 point.
  • Hessian jager   1 base   (Jager) Elite   1.5 points.
  • Foot artillery  1 base                     1 point.
  • Light Dragoons   1 base                1 point.
  • Command (Free)
  • Baggage (Free)

American.

  • Continental line infantry.   5 bases. (Ms).  1 can be Elite (1st Maryland).   5 points (or 5.5)
  • Light Infantry     1 base.       1 point
  • Riflemen.      1 base  (Jager)  Elite    1.5 points
  • Militia.  6 bases (Ms)         3 points.
  • Continental Dragoons      1 base (cav)       1 point.
  • Foot Artillery     1 point.
  • Command (Free)
  • Baggage (Free)





















On the commission painting front working through 4 more Warlord Epic Pike and Shotte cavalry sprues for Noel, this time including a batch of casualty markers which I really enjoyed doing.








6 comments:

  1. Your AWI collection looks superb Lee - maybe I should be doing mine in 15mm too, instead of the 28mm I am currently painting - trouble is, I already have all the Brits and Hessians in 28mm from 15 years ago.....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some fine AWI ranges out there in all scales! I'm drawn to the Peter Pigs as I really like the sculpting style and especially those little faces :) My interest began back in the late Seventies with the Hinchliffe AWI range.

      Delete
  2. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Great job. They all look impressive. I trust you painted the Brits with extra special care though, the rebellious Colonials less so πŸ˜‰
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff. I'm trying to be even handed whilst hoping that those dastardly Militia chaps do not 'spoil' our fine uniforms.
      Lee.

      Delete
  3. Insane level of detail at this scale,gorgeous as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I'm off at another tangent!
      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.