Wednesday 17 April 2024

More 7th Cavalry and Epic ACW's!

Another two troops of 7th US cavalry - B Troop and L Troop - have been painted for Mark bringing the total so far to four with a further two to paint plus the dismounted figures for all six troops. I have tried to add a touch more contrast to the general Blue shades with some slightly more faded shades and overall I think they work well. B Troop were mounted on Bay horses as were L Troop but Mark requested that L be mounted on Black horse for a bit of contrast. The remaining troops will ride Sorrel horses and of course the famous Grey horse troop E. In front are the mounted and dismounted versions of General George Armstrong Custer, the latter with repainted blue battle shirt piped white. There also remains a further 100 mounted Indians plus lots of civilians/cowboys etc so still a fair way to go yet.

Qualiticast 20mm's and Satin varnished.







My own Epic Battle Cry project is also coming along well with 22 infantry bases now completed of the planned 24. I'm starting to print and fix the rear unit labels now on the black strip. Also made a start on the 'top down' terrain tiles and will be printing a set of command cards this week using the printer friendly version that is available as the wording is much sharper and easier to read.






Still waiting for the printed mat to be shipped from Tinywargames as they seem to have a bit of a backlog on orders.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice and surprised how quickly you reached 22 bases for the Epic. Will be interested in your thoughts in the Tinywargames mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Norm. I find that I can paint a base of two strips of the Epic ACW's very quickly now, usually in the afternoon after I have finished my 'work' :) Had to contact Tinywargames after waiting 10 days for a shipping notice then it was sent out the same day! Not complaining, they just seem very busy.

      I'm sure you have seen the forthcoming Ancient range Norm, what do you think of them? Personally I REALLY like them :)

      All the best,
      Lee.

      Delete
  2. That is going to be one impressive Plains War collection. I see you went with the white-trimmed blue blouse for Custer - looks good as do your Epic ACWs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob, It sure is! 550 mounted figures alone will be an incredible sight, I just hope that Mark has a strong table :) Mark liked your suggestion for the shirt so I repainted it.
      Lee.

      Delete
  3. Impressive 7th cavalry and your civil war project is storming ahead!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Iain. Maybe I'll keep the Epics :)
      Cheers,
      Lee.

      Delete
    2. 😆😆😆

      Delete
  4. Very nice Lee. The Zouaves look a right lot of “Bobby dazzlers”. In the 6th picture, however, Custer looks very much like he’s performing a disco classic. Once that thought came into my mind I now can’t “unsee it”. 🤣😂
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff. As for Custer, I see it now you have said it, 'Stayin' Alive'.
      Cheers,
      Lee.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.