Tuesday 19 December 2023

Seasons Greetings!

 It's that time of the year again after 13 years of blogging so I want to wish everyone Seasons Greetings. 

We are spending a few days at The King Charles Hotel in Kent while we wait to move into our new home. Charles I that is, and a very large painting of him in 3/4 armour riding a magnificent horse adorns the reception area.

I intend to be back painting again in the New Year for my existing customers/friends because I get a lot of pleasure from it, especially as I'm not really painting much for myself beyond the 3mm armies. 

I do intend to work on my YouTube channel by producing painting tutorials and learning how to place photos etc within the videos as it is clearly growing in popularity and I am repeatedly asked for them.

I have to say a special thank you to Mark, Old John, Graham, John R, Noel and Geoff for the ongoing support for my humble brushwork and to all those who still check the blog and those who leave comments. 

Finally, a couple of photos of one of the more unusual commissions of the year for (of course) Old John this wonderful Miniature Figurines Swedish Drum Carriage that was a joy to paint!

Cheers all,

Lee.









14 comments:

  1. Quite superb! Lovely works on a cracking little set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drum carriage is a lovely model Lee, well painted. 🖌️🎨
    I’m not sure it would ever see the tabletop/battlefield “in action” in any of my games though.
    Fingers crossed all goes well with your house move. Do you expect to be “in” by Christmas?
    Enjoy the festive season - and make the most of your time in the hotel.
    All the best. Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geoff, many thanks :) We are settling back again now. Be back with you soon on the 2mm painting front.
      Lee

      Delete
  3. Excellent drum set , a lovely finish! Good luck with the move and I look forward to your painting in the new year!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to you Lee, hope you’re not too long hotel constrained. Hope 2024 brings you a good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Graham and best wishes to you too :)
      Lee.

      Delete
  5. the sound of drum carriage has inspired my Swedish forces to crush the cursed Russkies on several occasions and mesmerized my mates, forcing them to throw awful dice
    all the best for future
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still gets lots of comments whenever I share the pics John :)
      Regards
      Lee.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. And to you too Steve. I trust you have some nice ales in for the festive break?
      Lee.

      Delete
  7. Greetings from Sweden, really nice carriage (I am of course biased)! Would love to see some painting tutorials the coming year if you decide it's worthwhile!
    All the best to you!
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carl and thank you :) The carriage was a joy to paint. Painting tutorials seem all the rage so I will do a couple of them!
      Cheers,
      Lee

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.