Thursday 18 May 2023

Starting them young!

Some may recall that Grandson Oscar (Ozzy) had a brush in his hand aged two and this weekend one of his older sisters Lilly aged six stayed over so of course she wanted to paint something too! I prepared a plastic Warlord horse, squeezed some colours onto the wet palette and then just let Lilly do her thing. She decided on a Rainbow theme and once dry I got out the grass tufts etc to decorate the base. I must say it was a most enjoyable hour for both of us and Lilly has now taken her creation home for display.






Possibly a little heavy on the grass tufts :)

Finished another ECW batch for Graham and now onto some 2mm's for Geoff and 1/72nd Strelets Polish Winged Hussars for Old John alongside finishing off another Union brigade box for Noel.


As mentioned previously I now have a dedicated Facebook page for Advance the Colours, my commission painting service and would appreciate it if you could give it a like if you are a FB user (and I know lots of hobby friends steer clear of it!). I'm only using it to feature painted figures from over the years that get lost in the blog pages. To be honest I have as much work as I can comfortably handle now for probably the rest of the year so I'm not touting for more, rather just showing off stuff I'm proud of.

Advance the Colours.

Cheers,

Lee.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome when you get the grandkids wanting to paint, I love it. As always the figures look great and will be added to the Marston Moor project 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying painting the Scots Graham :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah sorry mate I dont do Facebook, but if I did I’d definitely promote your work. Good to hear you’ve a full order book too…that should keep you out of trouble! Warlord horses as rainbow coloured « my little ponies »…awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JBM and thanks, I'll pass your comments on to Lilly :) Once the grass tufts came out there was no stopping her!

      Delete
  3. Well done Lilly, a touch of colour inspiration that the Unicorns would be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm, I'm going to show here these comments :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed. Perhaps Lilly misheard when you mentioned “moss troopers” and thought she needed to put some grass/moss on the horse? In any event, it’s good to see youngsters taking an interest in painting (or drawing, or anything artistic). At school, as kids we made wire “skeleton” frames for figures and then added papier mache to fill out the bodies. Pretty fair actually.
    Perhaps when you’ve painted Old John’s 1/72 Polish winged hussars, you can compare with the 2mm ones you’re painting as part of my Polish army.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Moss Troopers' good one Geoff :) Ah papier mache, at our school we made full size Viking helmets :)

      Delete
  5. Think you've got some competition here Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray, if Lilly had her way she would be painting all my figures :)

      Delete
  6. The rainbow horse is positively delightful, and personally I like the idea of being so relaxed, grass grows on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David and I will pass on your comment to Lilly :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.