Wednesday 18 May 2022

'Battlescale' 3mm buildings and 20mm' WSS.

A quick update on what I have been up to since the last post. As you can see I have a few more 20mm's painted for Old John including the lovely Strelets Spanish cavalry regiment of 12 figures. I really enjoyed painting these and was provided with several colour references which really helped, and the flag was painted from the reference. Also here are 16 German infantry (light blue uniforms, 12 muskets and 4 pike), 4 Gunners and a general of Artillery (all in red), plus a Spanish (Catalonian) command group in blue uniforms with red facings. I believe the infantry are a mix of Warrior, Hagen metals and the artillery General is a plastic figure by Mars and a very nice figure he is too!

Another 13 Russian Streltsi (plastic by Strelets) command to finish Johns most recent box by Friday then Monday I have a weeks painting for Simon, more lovely 10mm Fantasy units.











Steve Clay of 'Battlescale' (who I have known online for many years since his days as a carpet fitter) was kind enough to send me his painted examples of the new 3mm scale range that he has sculpted and very nice they are. We wanted to see how they looked when used alongside 6mm figures and I'm pleased to say that they work very well. Took several photos for Steve to help advertise the range. I see a lot of armies being 3D printed now to 3mm scale on Facebook so I am sure these will prove popular, the level of detail in these tiny buildings is wonderful.







And finally for now..... a new project! 2mm Napoleonics for the Commands and Colors boardgame. I'm very excited about this idea (little things etc), placed my first order with Irregular on Monday and received postage confirmation Tuesday, now that's what I call service. Can't wait to get the painting underway.

May I just add that if anyone reading the blog knows of someone looking for a reliable UK figure painter I'd be grateful if they would point them in my direction please! Good Wargames Standard at a reasonable price and NO upfront payments whatsoever along with a swift turnaround.  Cheers.

 Lee.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely painting! (as always). Stelets quality has come a long way from their early days. In these times, I feel like I should order some as a sign of support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ross. The Strelets are very good figures and made from a fairly hard plastic, detail and animation is excellent. I also wonder about the future of the production side given the current situation.

      Delete
  2. It’s counterintuitive but those 3mm buildings work really well with the 6mm troops. Very nice mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JBM, I agree re the buildings.

      Delete
  3. The 20mm figures really pop and the 3mm buildings work really well!
    Cheers Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Luckily Old John likes my painting style :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it will be published as soon as I have read it in order to avoid spam.